Monday & Tuesday 10:00 am - 8 pm*
Wednesday - Saturday 10:00 am to 5:00 pm*
Circulation Department--Main Floor
* Appointments strongly suggested. Please call the circulation department at (626) 798-0833.
Bring the following with you to apply for a passport:
- Proof of U.S. citizenship (original/certified birth certificate, or your old passport, or your naturalization certificate)
- Proof of identify (valid driver's license or state I.D.)
- Two passport color photographs (2 in x 2 in)
- One Payment to U.S. Dept. of State (check or money order only)
- One Payment to the Altadena Library District (cash, check or money order)
- Complete DS-11 Form – Section 1-22 only. Pick up the form at the Library Passport Services office or download the form.
- DS-11 INFORMATION
- DS-11 BLANK FORM Adobe Acrobat Reader
- DOWNLOAD ADOBE ACROBAT READER
- Children under 16 – both parents must be present with the child. Submit a notarized statement of consent for those unable to appear.
- An original birth certificate is needed for new or renewed passports. All applicants must be present.
- TRAVEL DOCUMENTS FOR US CITIZENS
|Payment to||Age 15 & under||Age 16 & over|
|U.S. Dept. of State (check or money order only)||$80||$110|
|Altadena Library District (cash, check or money order)||$25||$25|
The library does not accept credit cards. Two separate payments are required. One to the state and one to the library, as indicated above. An addition $5.00 fee applies if the library has to issue a check for you. If you have any questions, please call the circulation department at (626) 798-0833.
Additional Services & Fees
- PHOTOGRAPHS: Photos taken on site, $12 each
- NOTARY SERVICE: $10 each
- EXPEDITED SERVICE: If travel is in less than 6 weeks there is an extra $60 Passport Services Fee per application. Delivery within 4-6 weeks.
- EXPRESS MAIL POSTAL SERVICE: Current USPS rate returns your passport plus other documents via express mail rather than priority mail.
- PASSPORT RENEWAL: Most renewals can be done by mail. Renewals less than 5 years expired are done by mail. DS-82 renewal forms are available at the Library Passport Services Office. You may also download forms.
DS-82 BLANK FORM Adobe Acrobat File
The New Passport Card
If you have any questions about the new Passport Card, click here.
More Information And Questions
Call or e-mail the Altadena Library:
U.S. Department of State: