We can only process the DS-11 application. We cannot process DS-82 Renewal applications. Applicant will need to mail the renewal application to the processing center.
ALL passport applications are by appointment only. Please call (626) 798-2950 to make your appointment. ALL APPOINTMENTS WILL ONLY BE HELD FOR 5 MINUTES - PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY TO ENSURE YOUR TIME!
Monday & Tuesday, 9:00am-8:00pm
Wednesday - Friday & Saturday - 9:00am to 5:00pm
Business Office--Main Floor
Office hours may vary without notice - please make sure you have a confirmed appointment before arrival.
Bring the following with you to apply for a passport:
- Proof of U.S. citizenship (original/certified birth certificate, or your old passport, or your naturalization certificate), Please note- Photocopies are not acceptable.
- Proof of identify (valid driver's license or state I.D.)
- One passport color photograph (2 in x 2 in)
- One Payment to U.S. Dept. of State (check or money order only)
- One Payment to the Altadena Library District (cash, check or money order)
- Complete DS-11 Form – Section 1-22 only. Pick up the form at the Library Passport Services office or download the form. All applications MUST BE completed prior to your passport appointment, including all Social Security Numbers and Parents Birth Date and Birth Place.
- DS-11 INFORMATION
- DS-11 BLANK FORM Adobe Acrobat Reader
- DOWNLOAD ADOBE ACROBAT READER
- Children under 16 – both parents must be present with the child. Submit a notarized statement of consent for those unable to appear. (DS-3053) along with a photocopy of the front and back of the valid identification presented to the notary.
- An original birth certificate is needed for new or renewed passports. All applicants must be present.
- TRAVEL DOCUMENTS FOR US CITIZENS
|Payment to||Age 15 & under||Age 16 & over|
|U.S. Dept. of State (check or money order only)||$80||$110|
|Altadena Library District (cash, check or money order)||$25||$25|
The library does not accept credit cards. Two separate payments are required. One to the state and one to the library, as indicated above. If you have any questions, please call the Business Office at (626) 798-2950.
Additional Services & Fees
- PHOTOGRAPHS: Photos taken on site, $12 each (STARTING JUNE 1, 2017 PHOTOS INCREASE TO $15)
- NOTARY SERVICE: $15 each - CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE - PLEASE SEE STAFF FOR DETAILS
- EXPEDITED SERVICE: If travel is in less than 5 weeks there is an extra $60 Passport Services Fee per application. Delivery within 3-4 weeks.
The New Passport Card
If you have any questions about the new Passport Card, click here.
More Information And Questions
Call or e-mail the Business Office at the Altadena Library:
U.S. Department of State: