The Main Library has 20 computers available for adults and young adults and 6 computers for children. Chromebooks (laptops) are also available for checkout to be used inside the library. There is no charge to use the computers but printing costs 15 cents per page. All users must have an Altadena Library card. Those under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian signed Internet User Agreement Form in order to use the computers. Please read our computer policies for more information.
The Bob Lucas Branch Library has 6 public access computers available. Branch computer users may sign up for 2 one hour sessions per day.
The Altadena Library District is pleased to offer free wireless Internet access at both locations to patrons with appropriately equipped wireless devices.
Computer Classes - Main Library
Intro to Computers
- Introduction to the computer
- Step by step instruction on how to access library computer programs
- Learn about the parts of the computer (the mouse, the keyboard, and the screen)
- Learn how to navigate on the computer (open programs, open documents, save files, etc.)
- Intro to the WWW (What is the WWW or the Internet?)
- The Altadena Library District Web page and resources
- Web browser
- URL/Web address
- Search engines
- Finding web sites
- Evaluating Internet sources
- Beginning Word
Introduction to Microsoft Office Word
- The Microsoft Word Environment
- Learn how to create, edit, save and open a Word document
- Learn about Word Toolbars and
- Learn to print a document
Setting up a new email account
- Learn how to send and receive email
- Learn how to send information in an attachment
Adult Computer classes are six (6) weeks long per session, Tuesday mornings 10 am – 12 pm only. Must register prior to a class and be available to attend the entire six -week session. Schedule is subject to change. Registration is limited to 6 students per session. Must have an Altadena Library Card to Register. Please sign up at the Adult Services Reference Desk.
Computer Class Schedule - Bob Lucas Branch Library
PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED. Course covers basic computer skills, introduction to Microsoft Word, internet and e-mail use. Class size is limited but openings are available to those with their own WiFi ready laptops. To register or to get additional information call: 626-798-8338.
CLASS TIME: Tuesday from 6:00 - 8:00 PM