Although we would prefer not to charge a submission fee for the APR, as we face the economic realities of quality publishing, we have reluctantly concluded we must to ensure its continuance. Beginning this year, we are instituting a $10.00 charge for submission of up to three poems. Please know that this fee goes entirely toward production costs. We thank you for your support and understanding.
- Up to three original poems may be submitted, with each poem on a separate page. Your emailed submission should include three email attachments, each with one poem included. You may submit fewer than three poems if you wish.
- Maximum length per submission is one side of one page.
- Poems may be unpublished or published (if you own the copyright and include where the poem has been previously published). Each poet published in the book retains the copyright for his or her poem(s) published in the anthology.
- All poems must be submitted in MS Word, Rich Text, or Google Docs. If using Google Docs, include the link or other needed information to access your document. Use 12 pt., Times Roman font, with the title in bold 14 pt. Times Roman font all in caps. Put your name in 12 pt. Times Roman bold at the bottom of each poem submitted. For previously published work, add a footnote after your name with the name of publication site + date.
- All poems should be single-spaced with extra spacing between stanzas as needed.
- Use the email subject line: ALTADENA POETRY SUBMISSION 2018
- Contact Info. Include in the body of your email: Your Name, the Name you would like printed in the anthology if your work is accepted for publication, Mailing Address, Phone number, Email address, and Date PayPal or Check was sent (must be by October 15).
- Send your author bio of 100 words or less in a separate email written in the third person. (Use pronouns he, she, etc.) Email subject line should be: First name, Last name, Bio. (Any bio exceeding that limit will be edited to fit.)
- Payment. How to send to PayPal: Log in to your PayPal account. Click on pay for goods or services. Type this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Type amount: $10.60. This includes the service charge for PayPal. In the note box type “for APR ’18 submission. Click next. Review and confirm the information on the screen and click send.
- If not using PayPal, please send $10.00 by check or money order. Checks should be made out and sent to: APR Submissions, Golden Foothills Press, 1443 E. Washington Blvd., #232, Pasadena, CA 91104.
- Those published in the anthology will receive one free copy of the anthology.
- Questions? Contact Elline Lipkin, Altadena Library Poet Laureate, at AltadenaPoetryReview2018@gmail.com
For more information, visit the Altadena Library in person!